NU affords students all of the benefits of an exceptional education with the backdrop of a gorgeous lake (Lake Michigan), vibrant suburb (Evanston), and world-class city (Chicago). While the following resources aren’t specific to NU, we would be remiss to not mention some of the amazing (and fun) things Evanston and Chicago have to offer. We encourage prospective students to take time to explore all that Evanston and Chicago have to offer. No matter how rigorous an educational program is, balance is important.
- WildCARD Advantage Discounts – Receive discounts from local vendors by presenting your WildCARD.
- City of Evanston – Be part of the community and get information on living, working and playing in Evanston.
- Evanston History Center – Learn about Evanston’s rich history at the Charles Gates Dawes House, a National Historic Landmark.
- Convention and Visitors Bureau – A great source for exploring Chicago’s North Shore communities.
- Evanston Chamber of Commerce – Explore the Evanston community.
- City of Chicago – Explore the great City of Chicago.
- The Art Institute of Chicago – Visit one of the greatest art collections in the world.
- Chicago Historical Museum – Learn about Chicago’s comprehensive past.
- DuSable Museum of African American History – Experience African American history and culture.
- Field Museum of Natural History – Explore relationships in nature and among cultures.
- Museum of Science and Industry – One of the largest science museums in the world.
- Notebaert Nature Museum – Connect with nature.
- Shedd Aquarium – A worldclass oceanarium and live exhibits featuring many different oceanic species.
- Chicago Cubs – Official site of Cubs baseball.
- Chicago White Sox – Official site of White Sox baseball.
- Chicago Bulls – Official site of Bulls basketball.
- Chicago Bears – Official site of Bears football.
- Chicago Fire – Official site of Chicago Fire soccer.
- Metromix Entertainment Guide – A one-stop guide to everything fun in Chicago.
- Metromix Dining Guide – Find great places to eat in Chicago and read reviews.
- Chicago Reader – An inside look at Chicago culture.
- Chicago Reader Restaurant Finder – A helpful way to find restaurants.
- Chicago Sport and Social Club – Like recreational sports? Go here to join leagues and play for fun.
- Chicago.com – A great city guide.
- Discount Theater Tickets – Get half-priced tickets from this non-profit program of the League of Chicago Theaters.